At MACM our standards define who we are and what we do. One thing we recognise is that no company is perfect, and by identifying this we are constantly striving to improve our standards in order to improve our company. Our approach is framed around the following basic five principles:
- Providing a quality product that we can be proud of and that exceeds our clients' expectations. Understanding and engaging with our stakeholders is a priority.
- Working towards common goals with our suppliers, partners, investors and customers in the marketplace.
- Engaging with and respecting our people.
- Minimising our impact on the environment.
- Strengthening our place and role in the wider community.
Providing our customers with a quality product is our number one priority. our quality commitment is underpinned by an effective Quality Management System (QMS) that we are in the process of certifying as ISO 9001:2008 compliant. Our continued investment in quality is driven by the following strategic objectives that we strive to embed in all our day to day working practices, namely:
- To achieve and maintain the level of quality which enhances the Company's reputation with clients.
- To endeavour, at all times, to maximise client satisfaction with the services provided by MACM.
- To ensure compliance with relevant statutory and safety requirements.
At MACM we believe in our responsibility to take care of the environment in which we operate - including identifying and responding to risks and opportunities associated with climate change. By adhering to environmental legislation together and continual improvement of processes for prevention of pollution, we have adopted an environmental strategy which is central to our business objectives. We strive to reduce the carbon footprint at MACM as much as possible through the implementation of the following:
- The re-using of surplus materials on sites therefore avoiding landfill and unnecessary quarrying and wasting energy in transport.
- The recycling of all waste materials, the company goal is to recycle 80% of material removed from site. We strive to use only licensed waste removal contractors with a 100% commitment to recycle.
- The use of environmentally friendly and recycled materials where the situation offers such an option.
- Endeavouring to deal only with suppliers and sub-contractors that carry out their own environmental codes of practice. We actively encourage the adoption of sound environmental principles.
- The reduction of noise, dust and smoke in order to minimise disturbance and inconvenience to others.
- The maintenance of plant and equipment in top-class working condition minimising the impact that harmful exhaust gases have on the environment.
- We aim to enhance environmental awareness and commitment amongst our workforce and strive to maintain consistently high standards of workmanship whilst protecting the environment wherever we work.
- As part of our commitment to this we are in the process of gaining ISO 14001 Environmental Accreditation. On top of this on each site an individualised WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme) scheme is put in place and monitored where we Reduce, Reuse and Recycle as much as logistically possible.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility is an integral part of MACM. We endeavour to integrate the issues of the workplace, human rights, the community and the marketplace into our core business strategies.
We actively contribute to the communities in which we and our employees live and work. We offer sponsorships to local sporting clubs as well as donations to charities nationwide. We are also are committed to the employment of local people and will always attempt to source our products from the locations in which we work. As part of our commitment to the local community we are active partakers in the "Steps to Work" scheme by the Department of Employment and Learning. Through our membership of the CITB we are also committed to ensuring that all our employees continue their development by recieving to date training in whatever is their specialist field.
Health and Safety
The importance of ensuring all our workers and indeed anyone that comes into contact with one of our workplaces is an obvious priority at MACM. We are 100% dedicated to Health and Safety on all our construction sites and are extremely proud of our record of having just one major incident in our 30 years of existence.
However we are not resting on our laurels and are now in the process of upgrading to the more complete and thorough OSHAS 18001 Health and Safety certification, after two years as a certified Safe-T cert registered company. Certification to the level of OSHAS 18001 means that we improving all our safety systems - from asbestos management to improved and more frequent employee training.
MACM will endeavour to be a safe place to work - nobody should go to work in the morning in the fear of getting injured. Our on site Health and Safety systems aim to radically reduce the chances of an onsite accident by preventing accidents before they happen through strict on site protocols.